Remixer offers two different services to create a website: single page and multipage.
The following describes how to use the multipage feature using the left panel in the Remixer editor.
Step 1 — Select a theme
Open Remixer at https://dreamhostremixer.com and select a theme:
Select a theme primarily based on the preferred color scheme for your pages, since background colors at this time are un-editable.
After you select a theme, you can swap out any chord section for different design layout needs. View the following links for a list of articles on how to update a page:
Step 2 — Create a page
Create your first main ('Home') page on your domain using the left panel:
- Enter a 'Page Title'.
- Type a brief 'Page Description'.
- Re-order the appearance of your chords under 'Page Layout' as needed.
A blue '(now editing)' status appears in the left panel to show you which page you are currently editing.
Step 3 — Create another page
After you finish editing the first page, click the Create New Page button to add additional pages:
- If you wish to copy an existing page to your new page, click the 'double sheets' icon next to a page on the left panel.
- You can delete a page by clicking on the 'trashcan' icon next to a page.
Step 4 — Add details for each page
Click on each of your new pages in the left panel:
Enter the following for each new page:
- Page Title
- Page Description
- Page Slug URL (e.g., enter 'about' to designate a sub-URL for domain.com/about)
To continue designing your additional pages, click each page label in the upper left panel. A “(now editing)” status appears next to each page you are currently editing.
Step 5 — Create links for each page
When you finish designing your main and new pages, you can assign hyperlinks on any header menu chord on each page.
- Find the chord pages at bottom of the left panel.
- Click a 'Header Menu' chord page.
- Select a component within the header chord in the main editing panel, such as 'About', 'Resume', 'Portfolio', or any other item.
- The 'Links & Navigation' pop up screen opens:
- Click the Generate Site Menu button to synchronize the 'Header Menu' across all pages.
- Add or remove items as needed.
- Click the green Apply button to save your recent menu hyperlink edits.
Linking selected text to a page
For linking selected text to one of your pages, highlight the word and click on the interlocking chain icon in text toolbar:
- Click the 'Page' tab and then select a page you want to link to from the dropdown list.
Step 6 — Publish your Remixer site
After completing your page edits and setting the hyperlinks, you are ready to launch your Remixer multipage site to your domain.
- Make sure your pages are edited and ready to publish.
- Click the Publish button in the top right corner to save and preview your work.
- Click the top drop down menu box in the left panel to select a domain. The default domain is 'DreamHost Cloud'.
- Select an available domain.
- Click the Publish button (upper right toolbar) to launch your multipage site to your live domain.