You can manage your WordPress site hosted on DreamHost from anywhere with your mobile devices, using the WordPress app. Whether you use an iOS or Android device, your blog posts and administrative tasks don’t have to be done on a desktop computer.
Setting up a site
- Open the WordPress app.
- Touch the 'Add self-hosted site' option.
- Enter the email or username, password, and the URL of the WordPress site you host at DreamHost.
- When the app accesses your account, the following screen opens from which you can manage blog posts, media, pages, and comments:
Viewing and adding new blog posts
- Touch the 'Blog Posts' link to open a list of posts published on your site.
- To add a new post, touch the orange icon at the bottom right corner of the screen.
- The editor opens where you can add a title and the body of the post, with a basic visual formatting aid. You can also revert to HTML editing by clicking the HTML button if you wish:
Adding images is simple and you can do it directly from your mobile device:
Using the gear icon
To change the post settings, touch the gear icon at the top the editing window and add the appropriate category, tags, and schedule for publication. Once you finish editing it, touch the Publish button and enjoy your first post from mobile:
Publish on the go
The WordPress mobile app is a great way to blog from the road and publish quick posts with images you take on your phone or tablet. It’s also a great tool to read and moderate comments from the comfort of a couch or while on the go.