If you have photos in your Google Photos account, you can now import them into WordPress. This article explains how to connect Google Photos to your WordPress.com account.
In order to use these instructions, you must enable Jetpack in your WordPress site and connect it to WordPress.com.
You could either purchase your own Jetpack plan for your site, or you could upgrade to a DreamPress PLUS or Pro plan where Jetpack is included.
- Log into your Google account.
- Visit https://www.google.com/photos/about/ and click the Go to Google Photos button at the top right.
- In the left menu, click the Photos option. Any photos you've imported display. These photos can be imported into your WordPress.com account.
- Log into your WordPress.com account.
- On the top left click My Sites and select your website.
If you don't have any sites, click the + icon to add it. You then need to log into that site and connect it to WordPress.com by activating Jetpack.
- In the left pane click Media.
- In the center pane, click the image icon.
- From the dropdown select Google Photos.
- Click the Connect to Google Photosbutton.
- A pop-up displays where you can select your Google account.
- Another pop-up asks for your permission to share your Google Photos with WordPress.com, check this box and clic Continue.
- Your Google photos now display in your WordPress.com panel.
- Click the images you want to add to WordPress, then click the Copy to media library button. It could take a few minutes to load depending on the amount and size of your images.
- Log into your WordPress site and you'll see the images in your Media library.