If you have photos in your Google Photos account, you can now import them into WordPress. This article explains how to connect Google Photos to your WordPress.com account.
In order to use these instructions, you must enable Jetpack in your WordPress site and connect it to WordPress.com.
- Log into your Google account.
- Visit https://www.google.com/photos/about/ and click the Go to Google Photos button at the top right.
- In the left menu, click the Photos option. Any photos you've imported display. These photos can be imported into your WordPress.com account.
- Log into your WordPress.com account.
- On the top left click My Sites and select your website.
If you don't have any sites, click the + icon to add it. You then need to log into that site and connect it to WordPress.com by activating Jetpack.
- In the left pane click Media.
- In the center pane, click the image icon.
- From the dropdown select Google Photos.
- Click the Connect to Google Photos button.
- A pop-up displays where you can select your Google account. After selecting your account, a pop-up appears and prompts you for permission to share your Google Photos with WordPress.com.
- Check the box and click Continue.
- Your Google photos now display in your WordPress.com panel.
- Click the images you want to add to WordPress and then click the Copy to media library button above. It could take a few minutes to load depending on the amount and size of your images.
- Log into your WordPress site. The images should appear in your Media library.