Written and supported by the WordPress experts at Automattic, Jetpack Premium is a powerful plugin that gives your WordPress site enhanced security, automated backup protection, uptime monitoring, spam protection, and more... instantly!
- Open the (Panel > 'DreamPress' > 'Dashboard') page in the panel.
- On the top left you can see if Jetpack is currently enabled. Click the 'Enable' link.
- The wordpress.com page opens and prompts you to log into your WordPress account:
- If you're already logged into a wordpress.com account, an auth option appears instead that let's you connect to it with a click.
- If you have a wordpress.com account and do not remember your password, click the ‘Lost your password?’ link. You’ll receive an email. Once reset, return to the login page and log in.
- If you do not have a wordpress.com account, click the ‘Register for WordPress.com’ link.
- After you sign in, WordPress asks you to approve a connection from DreamPress:
- When you are asked to allow access to your DreamHost panel after you log in, click the Approve button.
- The DreamHost panel opens where a success message appears:
- Back in your DreamHost panel, navigate the (Panel > 'DreamPress' > 'Dashboard') page and click 'Manage' next to your domain.
- Jetpack Premium is now enabled:
- An email with your Akismet API Key is sent to you:
- Click the ‘step-by-step activation guide’ link for detailed instructions.
Logging into your DreamPress site
- Open your DreamPress site, and click ‘Plugins’ on the left.
- Make sure ‘Akismet’ is already installed and activated. If not, then click ‘Add New’ at the top of your dashboard and install it.
- In the left panel, hover over ‘Jetpack’ and select ‘Akismet’ from the menu.
- Click 'Connect with Jetpack'.
- A confirmation page opens notifying you that Jetpack is active:
- Navigate the (Panel > 'DreamPress' > 'Dashboard') page and click 'Manage' next to your domain.
- On the top left, click the 'Disable' link next to 'Jetpack Premium'.
- A message appears confirming that Jetpack is disabled.