Written and supported by the WordPress experts at Automattic, Jetpack is a powerful plugin that gives your WordPress site enhanced security, automated backup protection, uptime monitoring, spam protection, and more... instantly!
DreamPress PLUS, PRO, and Legacy Advanced plans include Jetpack Professional for free (normally $299/year). Jetpack Professional provides even more benefits such as real-time offsite backups, malware scanning and repair, and access to 200+ premium themes and templates. If you're on one of these plans you'll receive Jetpack Professional automatically when you enable Jetpack on your website.
Visit Jetpack's website to learn more about all the features:
- Open the Managed WordPress page in the panel.
- To the right of your domain, click the Manage button.
- If Jetpack is currently disabled, then click the toggle button.
- The wordpress.com page opens and prompts you to log into your WordPress account:
- If you're already logged into a wordpress.com account, an auth option appears instead that let's you connect to it with a click.
- If you have a wordpress.com account and do not remember your password, click the ‘Lost your password?’ link. You’ll receive an email. Once reset, return to the login page and log in.
- If you do not have a wordpress.com account, click the ‘Register for WordPress.com’ link.
- After you sign in, WordPress asks you to approve a connection from DreamPress:
- When you are asked to allow access to your DreamHost panel after you log in, click the Approve button.
- The DreamHost panel opens where a success message appears:
- Back in your DreamHost panel, navigate to the Managed WordPress page and click Manage next to your domain.
- Jetpack is now enabled:
- An email with your Akismet API Key is sent to you:
- Click the ‘step-by-step activation guide’ link for detailed instructions.
Logging into your DreamPress site
- Open your DreamPress site, and click ‘Plugins’ on the left.
- Make sure ‘Akismet’ is already installed and activated. If not, then click ‘Add New’ at the top of your dashboard and install it.
- In the left panel, hover over ‘Jetpack’ and select ‘Akismet’ from the menu.
- Click 'Connect with Jetpack'.
- A confirmation page opens notifying you that Jetpack is active:
- Navigate the Managed WordPress page and click Manage next to your domain.
- On the top left, click the toggle button.
- A message appears confirming that Jetpack is disabled.