View the following article for details on how to find your login credentials and log into phpMyAdmin:
This article assumes the database already exists in your DreamHost panel.
Import or restore a database or table
- Log into phpMyAdmin.
- Select the destination database on the left pane.
- Click on the Import tab in the top center pane.
- Under the File to import section, click Browse and locate the file with the .sql extension you wish to import.
- Check or uncheck the boxes for 'Partial import' and 'Other options'.
- From the Format dropdown menu choose 'SQL'.
- Click the Go button at the bottom to import the database.
If you imported a database, all tables will show when selecting the database in the left panel of phpMyAdmin.
If you imported a table, the newly-imported table will appear in the list of tables.
What if the file is too large to import via phpMyAdmin?
If the .sql file you're trying to import is larger than phpMyAdmin allows, the only other option is to import via SSH. View the following article for instructions:
- phpMyAdmin overview
- Finding your database login credentials
- Backing up database overview
- Using a script to backup your website and database to DreamObjects
- How do I connect to my database via SSH?
- SSH — Importing a database