DreamHost provides a simple three-step process in the panel to entirely close an account when only a Shared hosting plan is active. If your DreamHost account has VPS services and/or Dedicated services without a Shared hosting plan, refer instead to the links in the 'See also' section below.
If needed, you can still retain the option to keep your domain registration(s) accessible at DreamHost.
Viewing your hosting plan(s) and services
You can view all of your hosting plans(s) and other services on the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Manage Account') page.
Closing your Shared hosting account
- Navigate to the (Panel > 'Billing & Account' > 'Manage Account') page.
- In the top 'Overview' section, click the red Close Account button.
- Step one: Review balance summary
If you have a balance, you must make a payment for the amount that is due now. You won't be able to proceed to the next step until your account is settled.
- If a balance appears, use a payment method at the bottom to make a payment. When finished, click the blue Proceed to Next Step button.
- Step two: Review product summary
- Review your services and then select which ones you wish to keep (such as domain registrations). When finished, click the blue Proceed to Next Step button.
- Step three: Finalize account closure
- On the final page, fill out the exit survey, confirm the cancellation, and then click the red Close Account Now button to close your account. After you close the account, a confirmation email is sent to the email address on file.
- Any domain registration fees cannot be refunded.
- If you used a free domain registration prior to ending your hosting plan, you are now responsible for paying the domain registration fee.
Can I re-enable my account after I cancel it?
Yes. If you ever wish to come back, you can use the steps described in the following article to re-enable your account: