Closing because of COVID-19?
Please contact DreamHost support if you are considering canceling your account due to COVID-19. DreamHost is here to help and may be able to offer you payment deferral and other options during this time.
DreamHost provides a simple three-step process in the panel to entirely close/cancel an account when only a Shared hosting plan is active. If your DreamHost account has VPS services and/or Dedicated services without a Shared hosting plan, refer instead to the links in the See also section below.
If needed, you can still retain the option to keep your domain registration(s) accessible at DreamHost.
Viewing your hosting plan(s) and services
You can view all of your hosting plans(s) and other services on the Manage Account page.
Closing/canceling your Shared hosting account
- Navigate to the Manage Account page.
- In the top Overview section, click the red Close Account button.
- Step 1: Review balance summary
If you have a balance, you must make a payment for the amount that is due now. You won't be able to proceed to the next step until your account is settled.
If you have a free registration as part of your hosting plan, you must pay for it when closing your account. View the following article for details.
- If a balance appears, use a payment method at the bottom to make a payment. When finished, click the Proceed to Next Step button.
- Step 2: Review product summary
- Review your services and then select which ones you wish to keep (such as domain registrations or any cloud services). When finished, click the Proceed to Next Step button.
- Step 3: Finalize account closure
- On the final page, fill out the exit survey, confirm it, and then click the red Close Account Now button to close/cancel your account. After you close the account, a confirmation email is sent to the email address on file.
What happens to my Domain Registration(s) when I close my account?
DreamHost will not delete your domain registrations when you close your account. Any domain registrations previously purchased continue to remain active for the rest of their registration periods.
You can continue to log into your panel and manage your domain registrations as you did before.
- Any domain registration fees cannot be refunded.
- If you used a free domain registration prior to ending your hosting plan, you are now responsible for paying the domain registration fee.
Can I re-enable my account after I close it?
Yes. If you ever wish to come back, you can use the steps described in the following article to re-enable your account: