DreamHost provides an option to entirely close an account, although this option is only available while a shared hosting plan is active. If a DreamHost account has VPS services and/or Dedicated services without a shared hosting plan, refer instead to the 'See also' links below.
Closing your Shared hosting account
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Manage Account’) page.
- At the top of the page (under your account number and name), click the ‘close account/end all hosting" link.
Be sure to read through the warning message that appears which provides details on all of your information that will permanently be deleted.
- When you are ready to close the account, click the blue Continue to Account Settlement… button below the warning text.
- The DreamHost panel then automatically analyzes your account and identifies if there is a balance due which must be paid before the closure can complete.
- If there is no balance to pay, click the Continue to Finalize Cancellation… button to view the final page of the closure process.
- Any domain registration fees cannot be refunded.
- If you used a free domain registration prior to ending your hosting plan, you are now responsible for paying the domain registration fee.