The following describes how to set up a new DreamPress installation on a new domain at DreamHost. If you already have an existing WordPress One-Click Install and wish to upgrade, view the following article instead:
If the domain already exists in your panel
You can add any domain in your panel to DreamPress easily, but make sure it's set as DNS only. To set a domain to DNS only:
- Visit the Backup article to backup any necessary web files.
- Next, follow the instructions in the 'Setting your domain to DNS Only' article.
Once the domain is set as DNS only, you can then proceed with installing DreamPress.
- Log into your panel at panel.dreamhost.com.
- Navigate to (Panel > ‘DreamPress’ > ‘Dashboard’).
- The Managed WordPress Hosting page appears:
- At the bottom, click the Get DreamPress button to create a new site.
- You can now choose to 'Create a new site', or 'Upgrade existing site'.
Creating a new site
If you'd clicked Create a new site, you're presented with the following options:
- Enter the domain name you wish to add to DreamPress. As noted above, it must first be set as DNS-Only in your panel.
- Select an Annually (pre-paid) plan, or Monthly paid plan.
- Select a plan type.
- Select the amount of storage your sites requires.
- Click the Add New DreamPress button.
- A success message displays on the DreamPress dashboard page. Your domain will now be added to DreamPress.
Upgrading an existing site
If you clicked 'Upgrade existing site', you're taken to a page where you can select your existing site. View the following article for instructions on how to upgrade:
Viewing your DreamPress plan
Once you have at least one domain on DreamPress, view the following article for instructions on how to view your plan details: