The following describes how to set up a new DreamPress installation on a new domain at DreamHost. If you already have an existing WordPress One-Click Install and wish to upgrade, view the following article instead:
If the domain already exists in your panel
You can add any domain in your panel to DreamPress easily, but make sure it's set as DNS only. To set a domain to DNS only:
- Visit the Backup article to backup any necessary web files.
- Next, follow the instructions in the 'Setting your domain to DNS Only' article.
Once the domain is set as DNS only, you can then proceed with installing DreamPress.
- Log into your panel at panel.dreamhost.com.
- Navigate to (Panel > 'WordPress' > 'DreamPress').
- The Managed WordPress Hosting page appears:
- Click the Get DreamPress button to create a new site.
- At the top are two tabs.
- Use a temporary domain
- Choose existing domain
Use a temporary domain
If you click 'use a temporary domain' you have the option to create a new staging website ending in .dream.press. For example, if your site was 'example.com', create a new DreamPress site called 'example.dream.press'. This is a separate and free subdomain you can use to create your DreamPress site before you decide on the final domain name.
Choose existing domain
Choose this option if you already have an existing domain in your DreamHost panel that you wish to immediately add to DreamPress. You can then select the domain from the dropdown menu.
The domain name you wish to add must first be set as DNS-Only in your panel.
dreamhosters.com subdomains cannot be added to DreamPress.
- After choosing your domain, choose if you'd like a 'Monthly' or 'Annual' payment plan.
- Select a plan type.
- When finished, click the Add New DreamPress button to the right.
- A success message displays on the DreamPress dashboard page. Your domain will now be added to DreamPress.
Viewing your DreamPress plan
Once you have at least one domain on DreamPress, view the following article for instructions on how to view your plan details: