The following describes how to add DreamPress to a new domain at DreamHost. If you already have an existing WordPress One-Click Install and wish to upgrade, view the following article instead:
- Navigate to the Managed WordPress page.
- The main DreamPress page appears:
- Click the Get Started button.
- The 'Add a DreamPress' page opens where you can choose which domain to use:
- Select one of the following:
DreamPress cannot be added to dreamhosters.com subdomains.
- Domains on Account — Select a DreamHost-hosted domain from the drop-down list. Choose this option if you wish to add DreamPress to a domain that you already have in your DreamHost panel.
- Add New Domain — If you wish to set up a domain that is not yet hosted at DreamHost, there are two options:
- Add your existing domain not hosted on DreamHost — Enter a domain name not hosted a DreamHost. Click the button when finished.
- Use a temporary domain to stage your site first — Enter a staging name, which creates a new staging website ending in .dream.press. For example, if your site was 'example.com', create a new DreamPress site called 'example.dream.press'. This is a separate and free subdomain you can use to create your DreamPress site before you decide on the final domain name.
- When finished selecting a domain, scroll to the Term section:
- Select either 'Annually' or 'Monthly' payment plan.
- Scroll to the Plan section, which shows you the various DreamPress features and pricing plans (DreamPress, Plus, and Pro). If you select Plus, you are also prompted to select a 'Disk Size' (either 60 GB or 80 GB):
- Select a plan type.
- Your selections are summarized within the 'Your Purchase' box on the right:
- When finished, click the Add New DreamPress button.
After you add DreamPress, a success message displays on your dashboard page confirming that DreamPress is added to your domain.
Viewing your DreamPress plan
Once you have at least one domain on DreamPress, view the following article for instructions on how to view your plan details: