This article should only be used if your email WAS hosted at DreamHost but was recently moved to another host. These instructions explain how to view your old email at DreamHost.
If you are hosting your DNS at another company and want to BEGIN hosting email at DreamHost, view the following article instead:
When you switch a domain's mail service away from DreamHost, your DreamHost-hosted mail accounts will still remain active but stored emails may not be retained. Be sure to backup all of your stored emails before switching.
Review the Transferring Emails for further instructions.
Webmail can be used to log in to your DreamHost mail accounts, but the webmail.example.com address no longer works. Instead you can use:
- http://webmail.dreamhost.com or https://webmail.dreamhost.com – Standard Webmail. Use your full email address as the username.
For POP3 access and/or to set up a mail client program to download emails to your computer, the server name mail.example.com no longer works. Use these steps to determine what server name to use:
- In the DreamHost Control Panel, click the ‘Account Status’ link in the top right corner on any panel.dreamhost.com page.
- Look for “Your Email Cluster”.
- Find your cluster in the table below.
- Use the server name for the incoming server in your mail program.
|Email Cluster||Server Name|
While some hosts allow you to use the mail server IP address instead of the mail server name, DreamHost does not support mail connections via IP address.