The following is a brief description of how to set up PGP signing within the panel and what exactly this accomplishes.
What is PGP signing?
"Pretty Good Privacy" (or, PGP) signing is a method by which the sender of a message can prove to a message recipient who they claim to be. More information on what exactly that entails can be found at the Wikipedia article on Pretty Good Privacy.
Enabling PGP signing at DreamHost
- Log into the panel.
- On the top right of the Get Started page, click the 'Profile Information' link under your Username.
- On the next page, click the ‘Contact Info’ link at the top.
- Check the box for the first option to the right of ‘PGP signed’.
While DreamHost notices regarding the account can be sent with PGP signing, the newsletter could not be enabled with the feature.
DreamHost’s implementation is based on the OpenPGP proposed standard, which you can learn more about here:
- http://www.openpgp.org/ – Learn more about DreamHost's implementation based on the OpenPGP proposed standard.
- You can view the PGP keys here.