Installing ZendGuard Loader
Zend Guard is the most widely accepted PHP encoding and obfuscation product on the market which protects your application from unlicensed use and reverse engineering.
Enabling SSH/Shell access
The easiest way to install Zend Guard is via SSH/Shell.
View the following articles to create a Shell user and log into your server via SSH:
Download and install for PHP 5.6
- Download the Loader Module at the following page:
- In this example, the file used is 'Zend Guard Loader for PHP 5.6 - 64 bit' titled 'zend-loader-php5.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz.
- Upload the .tar.gz file via FTP to your web server. Make sure to upload it to your user's directory.
- Log into your web server via SSH.
- Decompress the file by running the following:
[server]$ tar -zxvf zend-loader-php5.6-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
- This creates a folder named /zend-loader-php5.6-linux-x86_64 with the 'ZendGuardLoader.so' file in it
- Use the following instructions to create /.php/5.6/ directories under your user:
- Make sure to add the correct folder name for your version of PHP.
- The username is your actual shell username.
- This example uses PHP 5.6, so you’d create the /.php/ folder followed by the /5.6/ folder.
- Don’t worry about creating the phprc file at this time.
- Navigate into the decompressed directory from step #2:
[server]$ cd ~/zend-loader-php5.6-linux-x86_64
- Copy the .so file to your /.php/5.6/ directory:
[server]$ cp -p ZendGuardLoader.so ~/.php/5.6/
- The extension is placed in the associated PHP version folder.
Configure the phprc file
- Navigate back to the /.php/5.6/ directory:
[server]$ cd ~/.php/5.6/
- Inside the /.php/5.6/ folder, create a new text file named 'phprc' via SSH/Shell:
[server]$ nano phprc
- Add the following contents:
- Save and close the file and return to your shell.
- Once you finish, restart PHP by running this command:
[server]$ killall php56.cgi
Verifying the setup
Once Zend Guard Loader is properly installed, you should see it in your PHP info file:
This program makes use of the Zend Scripting Language Engine: Zend Engine v2.6.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2015 Zend Technologies with Zend Guard Loader v3.3, Copyright (c) 1998-2014, by Zend Technologies