The following instructions are only if you have a Shared hosting plan in addition to a VPS, Dedicated, or DreamPress plan.
Viewing your hosting plan type
You can view all services billed to your account on the Manage Account page. Here you'll see a list of all services you currently use.
Remove or migrate Shared users
If any users still exist on your Shared server, you will not be able to cancel the plan. You must either delete those users from the Shared server, or migrate them to a VPS or Dedicated server.
Migrating users to the new VPS or Dedicated server
The safest option is to migrate the users to the new server. View the following article for details:
Deleting users if you no longer need them
If you no longer need the users on your Shared server you can delete them. However, make sure you backup any important files under the Shared user you wish to keep. View the following articles for information on how to backup your user data:
Once your data has been backed up, navigate to the Manage Users page. To the right of any user (under the 'Machine' column) you'll see the name of the server. For example, 'flower', 'gervais', 'tool' etc. Your VPS will instead look like ps123456.
If it has a name, it is a Shared server.
Click the Delete button to the right of the user to permanently delete it.
Canceling the Shared plan
- Navigate to the (Manage Account page.
- Locate your Shared hosting plan. It most likely is named 'Happy Hosting'. To the right, click the 'Edit' link under the 'Ends' column. Three options appear:
- End Today
- End After This Billing Period
- After you select when you'd like your hosting plan to end, the following confirmation appears (depending on what other services you have purchased):
- Click Ok to proceed.
- If you did not remove your existing shared users from the shared server, the following message appears:
- Make sure to remove them first. You can then proceed with canceling the hosting plan.