The following instructions are only if you have a Shared hosting plan in addition to a VPS, Dedicated, or DreamPress plan.
You must remove all users from the Shared server in order to proceed. First, make sure you backup any important files under the Shared user you wish to keep. View the following articles for information on how to backup your user data:
Once your data has been backed up, navigate to the (Panel > 'Users' > 'Manage Users') page. To the right of any user (under the 'Machine' column) you'll see the name of the server. For example, 'flower', 'gervais', 'tool' etc. Your VPS will instead look like ps123456.
If it has a name, it is a Shared server.
Click the Delete button to the right of the user to permanently delete it.
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Manage Account’) page.
- Locate your Shared hosting plan. It most likely is named 'Happy Hosting'. To the right, click the 'Edit' link under the 'Ends' column. Three options appear:
- End Today
- End After This Billing Period
- After you select when you'd like your hosting plan to end, the following confirmation appears (depending on what other services you have purchased):
- Click Ok to proceed.
- If you did not remove your existing shared users from the shared server, the following message appears:
- Make sure to remove them first. You can then proceed with canceling the hosting plan.