As a DreamHost customer, you can refer new customers and receive rewards. Your full referral rewards can be applied to your account, or if you generate enough rewards, you can cash them out to a PayPal account (less a 5% service fee).
How can I receive my rewards?
You can choose to leave your rewards on your DreamHost account and use them toward hosting fees, or you can choose to cash them out. Rewards can be cashed out to your PayPal account once you have earned over $20 worth of referral rewards. There is a 5% service charge to process rewards to a PayPal account from the full amount of the reward balance issued that month.
By default, referral rewards will go towards upcoming invoice payments. To switch to cashing out your rewards:
- Visit the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Affiliates’) page.
- Click the ‘Cash Out Your Rewards!’ tab.
- To cash out your rewards:
- Check the box next to ‘Yes, I want excess rewards balances to be cashed out via PayPal each month’.
- Enter your PayPal account email address in the specified box. Please ensure that you use the correct PayPal account email address – if you use an incorrect email address, this can cause issues with processing your rewards payments.
- Click the Update Cash Out Settings button to save your changes.
Referral rewards are cashed out to PayPal on the 1st business day after the 10th of the month.
Rewards cash outs can only be made via PayPal as there is no other payment method available for cashing out rewards. If you are referring a very high amount of customers each month, you may qualify as a Platinum Affiliate. Please refer to the Affiliate Terms and Conditions for further information.
I have less than $20 in referral rewards. How can I use them?
By default, rewards are set in your panel to be used toward future hosting and service fees. If you have less than $20 of referral rewards, they will stay on your account until you have a charge that the rewards will be used towards.
Due to the large amount of customers who receive PayPal cash outs, these rewards may take a few days to show up in your PayPal account.