As a DreamHost customer, you can refer new customers and receive rewards. Your full referral rewards can be applied to your account, or if you generate enough rewards, you can cash them out to a PayPal account (less a 5% service fee).
How can I receive my rewards?
You can choose to leave your rewards on your DreamHost account and use them toward hosting fees, or you can choose to cash them out. Rewards can be cashed out to your PayPal account once you have earned over $20 worth of referral rewards. There is a 5% service charge to process rewards to a PayPal account from the full amount of the reward balance issued that month.
Cashing out my rewards
By default, referral rewards go towards upcoming invoice payments. To switch to cashing out your rewards:
- Open the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Affiliates’) page.
- Click the ‘Cash Out Your Rewards!’ tab.
- Make the following selections to cash out your rewards:
- Check the box next to ‘Yes, I want excess rewards balances to be cashed out via PayPal each month’.
- Enter your PayPal account email address in the specified box. Make sure that you use the correct PayPal account email address: an incorrect email address can cause issues with processing your rewards payments.
- Click the Update Cash Out Settings button to save your changes.
Referral rewards are cashed out to PayPal on the 1st business day after the 10th of the month.
Rewards cash outs can only be made via PayPal—no other payment method is available for cashing out rewards.
If you are referring a very high amount of customers each month, you may qualify as a Platinum Affiliate. Please refer to DreamHost's Affiliate Terms and Conditions for further information.
Applying my rewards to DreamHost services
You can apply a reward amount to your hosting account, whether you have an outstanding balance or not. Positive balances are deducted from when payment for a hosting service becomes due, renews, or you buy a new service.
To use a rewards credit to make a payment:
- Open the (Panel > ‘Billing & Account’ > ‘Make Payment’) page.
- Scroll down to the 'Pay via DreamHost Rewards Credit' option.
- Enter an amount that you'd like to apply from your rewards balance.
- When finished, click the blue Apply my rewards money now! button.
I have less than $20 in referral rewards—how can I use them?
By default, rewards are set in your panel to be used toward future hosting and service fees. If you have less than $20 of referral rewards, they remain on your account until you have a charge that the rewards can be used towards.
Due to the large amount of customers who receive PayPal cash outs, these rewards may take a few days to show up in your PayPal account.