CloudBerry Backup is a Windows program that automates encrypted and compressed data cloud backup.
This guide describes how to configure CloudBerry with DreamObjects.
This tutorial references the Windows Server version of the program, but the basic steps carry over to other versions.
CloudBerry is now called MSP360, but the directions below still apply to the backup software.
Setting up CloudBerry Backup with DreamObjects
- Launch CloudBerry.
- Select the ‘Backup Plans’ tab, then choose the 'Files' option.
- Select the 'Local or Cloud Backup' option and click the Next button.
- Click 'Add new Storage Account'.
- Select 'DreamObjects' from the list of 'Other Providers'.
- Enter the following DreamObjects credentials which can be found on the DreamObjects page:
- Display Name – A unique name you wish to display
- Access Key – Use the Access Key found under the username on the DreamObjects page for the specific bucket name
- Secret Key – Use the Secret Key found to the left of the Access Key on the DreamObjects page (also known as the password)
- Service Point – Use objects-us-east-1.dream.io
After entering the required information, users are able to both access existing buckets and create new ones.
- The new DreamObjects account now appears on the ‘Select Backup Storage’ window:
- Click the Next button.
- Enter a backup ‘Plan name’.
- Select a backup mode.
- Select any advanced options.
- Select the location on your computer of the files and folders you wish to backup.
- In the ‘Advanced Filter’ window, select whether to backup all files or specific types along with your choice of time frame.
- Check the ‘Enable compression’ check box.
- You can also enable encryption if you want.
- Select any 'Retention Policy' options you wish to set up.
- Select time schedule options for your backups.
- Select whether you want to set pre or post actions for your backups.
- You can skip this step if you want by clicking the Next button.
- Select how you want to be notified regarding the status of a backup.
- Include your email address in the email field
- Confirm the settings on the ‘Summary’ page, and then click the Next button.
- A confirmation page appears:
- You can ‘Run backup now’ by checking the box, or you can click the Finish button to run it at a later time.
- Click the ‘Backup Plans’ tab to confirm everything is properly configured.
- Click the arrow button to run the backup.