CloudBerry Backup is a Windows program that automates encrypted and compressed data cloud backup.
This guide describes how to configure CloudBerry with DreamObjects.
Setting up CloudBerry Backup with DreamObjects
- Launch CloudBerry.
- Select the ‘Setup Backup Plan’ option.
- Click the Next button.
- In the ‘Select Cloud Storage’ window, select the ‘DreamObjects’ option and then ‘<Create a new account>’.
Enter the following DreamObjects credentials which can be found on the (Panel > ‘Cloud Services’ > ‘DreamObjects’) page:
- Display Name – Enter any name you wish
- Access Key – Under the username on the DreamObjects page for the specific bucket name
- Secret Key – To the left of the Access Key (also known as the password)
- Service Point – objects-us-west-1.dream.io
After entering the required information, users are able to both access existing buckets and create new ones.
The new DreamObjects account now appears on the ‘Select Cloud Storage’ window:
Click the Next button.
- Enter a backup ‘Plan name’.
- Select a backup mode.
- Select whether you wish to use VSS (Volume Shadow Copy Service).
- Select the location of the files and folders you wish to backup.
- In the ‘Advanced Filter’ window, select whether to backup all files or specific types along with your choice of time frame.
- Check the check box to ‘Enable compression’.
- You can also enable encryption if you want.
- Select any Purge options you wish to set up.
- Some Purge options aren’t available unless ‘Advanced Mode’ is enabled.
- Select time schedule options for your backups.
- Select whether you want to set pre or post actions for your backups.
- You can skip this step if you like by clicking the Next button.
- Select how you wish to be notified regarding the status of a backup.
- Include your email address in the email field
Confirm the settings on the summary page, and then click the Next button.
A confirmation page appears:
- You can run the backup now by checking the box, or you can click Finish to run it a later time.
Click the ‘Backup Plans’ tab to confirm everything is properly configured.
Click the Run backup now button if you want to run the backup.