It may take over an hour to set up a new DreamPress installation, but the original One-Click WordPress site remains functional until the switch occurs. Then, the DNS propagation may possibly delay the site from working. However, this is only in the case of upgrading and adding a new instance, not in the case of an import to an existing DreamPress service.
You can easily transfer any domain to DreamPress that is currently using WordPress as a One-Click Install.
Upgrading to DreamPress
- Log into your panel at panel.dreamhost.com.
- Navigate to (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘DreamPress’).
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click 'Upgrade Existing Site'.
- On the next page, select your WordPress One-Click site from the dropdown and choose a billing option.
- Choose a payment plan.
- Finally, click Upgrade to DreamPress.
- You'll receive an email from DreamHost that confirms that DreamPress has successfully migrated.
What if I have don't have a One-Click Install of Wordpress?
If you're not using a One-Click Install of Wordpress, and wish to upgrade to DreamPress, you can contact support who will help you convert your existing WordPress site to a One-Click Install.