You can easily transfer any domain to DreamPress that is currently using WordPress as a One-Click Install.
Should you upgrade or import your site?
If you want to test your site before upgrading it to DreamPress, you can first create a temporary dream.press domain and import your One-Click Install into it. View the following articles for details:
- Importing an existing WordPress Install into DreamPress
- Creating a DreamPress temporary domain
- Changing a DreamPress temporary domain to your live site
If you do not need to test your site first, proceed to the following instructions to upgrade it directly to DreamPress.
Upgrading to DreamPress
- Log into your panel at panel.dreamhost.com.
- Navigate to (Panel > ‘DreamPress’ > ‘Dashboard’).
- Click the button to add a DreamPress site.
- Click Upgrade existing site.
- On the next page, select your existing One-Click Install from the dropdown.
dreamhosters.com subdomains cannot be added to DreamPress. If you need to create a temporary domain, use a dream.press domain instead. View the following article for deatils:
- Choose an annual or monthly payment plan.
- Select your DreamPress plan: 'Basic', 'Plus', or 'Advanced'.
- Select your disk size.
- Finally, click Upgrade to DreamPress.
- A popup displays notifying you that this upgrade could take several hours and that you should not make changes to your site during this time period. Click Upgrade to DreamPress.
- A success message displays informing you that your site is being upgraded. When it's complete, you'll receive an email from DreamHost confirming it has successfully migrated.
What if I don't have a One-Click Install of Wordpress?
If you're not using a One-Click Install of Wordpress, and wish to upgrade to DreamPress, you can contact support who will help you convert your existing WordPress site to a One-Click Install.