Transmit is an FTP client for Mac OS X developed by Panic which also includes capabilities to mount SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV connections. The client is a shareware so it’s free to evaluate but after the trial period is over you’re limited to seven-minute sessions.
This guide describes how to use Transmit to mount your DreamObjects buckets.
For more information, please visit the Transmit website:
Using Transmit with DreamObjects
Before you begin, make sure you already have a DreamObjects bucket created.
DreamObjects connectivity is available in version 4.4+ of Transmit. Download the latest release from Panic’s site.
- Launch Transmit.
- When launching Transmit for the first time, you are prompted to select a protocol type:
- Select 'DreamObjects' from the Protocol drop-down list and then enter the following:
- Click the green Connect button when finished to connect to DreamObjects.
- To save the server as a favorite, click the Add to Servers button.
- When Transmit connects to DreamObjects, the buckets you’ve created and the data within them appear on the right side: