Transmit is an FTP client for Mac OS X developed by Panic which also includes capabilities to mount SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV connections. The client is a shareware so it’s free to evaluate but after the trial period is over you’re limited to seven-minute sessions.
This guide describes how to use Transmit to mount your DreamObjects buckets. For more information, please visit the Transmit website:
Using Transmit with DreamObjects
Before you begin, make sure you already have a DreamObjects bucket created. Then download the latest release from Panic’s site.
- Launch Transmit.
- When launching Transmit for the first time, you are prompted to select a protocol type:
- From the Protocol dropdown, select 'Amazon S3'.
- Address: objects-us-east-1.dream.io (does not appear if you selected 'DreamObjects' as the Protocol)
- Access Key ID: Found in your DreamHost Panel. See the DreamObjects Keys article for more information.
- Secret: Found in your DreamHost Panel. See the DreamObjects Keys article for more information.
- Remote Path: You can leave the remote path blank or accept the default setting.
- Click the Connect button when finished to connect to DreamObjects.
- To save the server as a favorite, click the Add to Servers button.
- When Transmit connects to DreamObjects, the buckets you’ve created and the data within them appear on the right side: