Transmit is an FTP client for Mac OS X developed by Panic which also includes capabilities to mount SFTP, Amazon S3, and WebDAV connections. The client is a shareware so it’s free to evaluate but after the trial period is over you’re limited to seven-minute sessions.
This guide describes how to use Transmit to mount your DreamObjects buckets. For more information, please visit the Transmit website:
Using Transmit with DreamObjects
- Launch Transmit.
- When launching Transmit for the first time, you are prompted to select a protocol type:
- From the 'Protocol' dropdown, select 'Amazon S3'.
This article uses the new DreamObjects EAST cluster with the hostname of 'objects-us-east-1.dream.io'. If you have an older DreamObjects account (on the old WEST cluster) and have not migrated your data yet, choose 'DreamObjects' from the 'Protocol' dropdown instead. Please review the following migration article for further details.
- Address: objects-us-east-1.dream.io (does not appear if you selected 'DreamObjects' as the Protocol)
- Access Key ID: Found in your DreamHost Panel. See the DreamObjects Keys article for more information.
- Secret: Found in your DreamHost Panel. See the DreamObjects Keys article for more information.
- Remote Path: You can leave the remote path blank or accept the default setting.
- Click the green Connect button when finished to connect to DreamObjects.
- To save the server as a favorite, click the Add to Servers button.
- When Transmit connects to DreamObjects, the buckets you’ve created and the data within them appear on the right side: