Mail Mirroring is a quick way to create forwards for an entire domain.
For example, if you have 10 email addresses set up at example.com, you could create a mail mirror at blog.example.com. If you then send an email to any of those 10 addresses at blog.example.com (such as email@example.com), they are automatically forwarded to the corresponding email at example.com (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please note that you cannot log into any address at blog.example.com since it doesn't exist. The mirror just forwards to the real email address.
A note about DNS
This feature can only be used if example.com is using DreamHost to host its mail. If example.com is using Anti-spam filtering at DreamHost, you must also enable it for blog.example.com as well.
Creating a Mail Mirror
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Mail’ > ‘Custom MX’) page.
- Click the Edit button to the right of the domain you want to create a mirror for. This domain will probably not have any email addresses created. You're going to use this domain to Mirror the domain that already has email set up.
- On the next page, scroll down to the 'Mail Mirror' section.
- From the dropdown, select the domain you want to Mirror mail for.
- Click the button 'Mirror this domain's email addresses now!'. A success message displays notifying you that it will take a few hours for the DNS records to update online.