Installing an application is not enough: to maintain site stability, and security, it's important to keep your web applications updated.
This article details how to update web apps installed via the One-Click Installer in your panel.
Automatic upgrade actions
By default, One-Click installations are set to upgrade automatically with each major update. You receive an email notification once an upgrade has completed.
To change the default upgrade action for your domain, follow these instructions:
- Go to (Panel > ‘Goodies’ > ‘One-Click Installs’) in the panel.
- The One-Click Installs page opens.
- Click the Manage Installed Applications button to view your One-Click applications.
- A page appears that lists your domains with installed applications:
- Beneath the Upgrade Action column, click on the edit link.
- You’ll see the following options:
- Make a selection from the following choices:
- No action: No One-Click upgrades are performed by DreamHost for this domain.
- Notify me: Only alerts you via email once a major revision update is available. No update is performed.
- Upgrade automatically: Upgrades the site and emails you automatically.
- Upgrade without notification: Upgrades the site but doesn’t email you.
Manually updating your One-Click Installs
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Goodies’ > ‘One-Click Installs’) page.
- Click the Manage Installed Applications button at the top of the page.
- Click your domain name to expand your One-Click Install options.
- To the far right is an ‘Actions’ column where available upgrades appear:
- If there is an upgrade available, then click the Upgrade to #.#.# button.
- A confirmation box opens:
- Click the Ok button to continue.
- A Success! box opens:
- The One-Click Installs page shows it’s currently upgrading:
- Once the site is upgraded, it's reflected under the ‘Actions’ column:
What if I moved the directory my One-Click was installed under?
If you have moved the directory location of your One-Click install, the panel will not update this automatically, you must contact support. Inform support of the One-Click Install and the directory you moved it to. Support can then adjust the panel path for you.