DreamSpeed CDN is a content delivery network for DreamObjects.
Powered by Fastly – the smartest CDN on the planet – DreamSpeed CDN comes with SSD storage and 10Gb Ethernet for delivery at high speeds. With DreamSpeed CDN, you can significantly speed up your sites and applications, lighten the load on your web servers, and give users a faster experience.
How does DreamSpeed CDN work?
When users download files and media through their browser from DreamObjects, data is fetched from data centers in Southern California. When DreamSpeed CDN is enabled, your files and media are copied securely to servers all around the world and your users are automatically connected to a copy that is geographically closest to them, resulting in a much faster download.
- One button acceleration — enable DreamSpeed CDN with just a click.
- Unlimited instant purge and refresh of accelerated content.
- Use your own domain name to deliver content from DreamSpeed CDN.
- Secure SSL content delivery using the objects.cdn.dream.io domain.
- Great pricing from only $0.12/GB for US and Europe, and $0.19/GB for Asia-Pacific, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Fully integrated with DreamObjects.
Speed up your site
Take a load off
By delivering your static content from the DreamSpeed CDN, you not only speed up your site but you also lighten the load on your web server, allowing it to focus on delivering only the dynamic parts of your site or application.
Integrated DNS setup
DreamSpeed CDN works great whether you host your DNS with DreamHost or not. If you do choose to host your DNS with DreamHost, the DreamSpeed CDN automatically makes the appropriate DNS changes on your behalf.
Setting up DreamSpeed CDN
Important: DreamSpeed CDN is a feature of DreamObjects rather than a standalone product, therefore you must first set up DreamObjects in the panel (i.e.,create a bucket, store files, and so on).
- Navigate to the (Panel > ‘Cloud Services’ > ‘DreamObjects’) page.
- To the right of your bucket, click the ‘Change Settings’ link.
Enter your alias and choose the domain you wish to assign this to.
At the bottom, toggle the ‘CDN SUPPORT’ option. This enables the checkbox titled ‘Use CDN’ to appear at the right of the alias.
Check the ‘Use CDN’ checkbox.
Click the Save Settings button to save. When you return to the DreamObjects page, the green ‘CDN’ icon appears which confirms it’s been configured:
To accelerate your downloads for a better user experience, you can enable a DreamObjects bucket to use a CDN:
Enable DreamSpeed CDN for a bucket.
Store your files in the DreamObjects bucket for which you enabled DreamSpeed CDN.
Select a method to upload your files into DreamObjects using one of the following:
- Upload from the panel
- Use a compatible application such as Cyberduck
- Upload directly from the command line using a tool such as s3cmd.
Update your site to use the DreamSpeed CDN links so that your content is delivered from the CDN.
- By default, the DreamSpeed CDN link will use the following format:
External CSS example
<head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="mystyle.css"> </head>
Using DreamSpeed CDN-
<head> <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://mybucket.objects.cdn.dream.io/mystyle.css"> </head>
Using your own domain name for accelerated content
To use an alias for your domain, enter a name in the ‘Domain Alias’ field box and then click the Save Settings button when finished.