This article explains how to add a new username to your VPS (private server).
Adding a new VPS user
To add a new website user:
- Navigate to Manage Users page in your panel.
- Click the + Add A User button at the top right.
- The 'Add User Details' page appears:
- Enter the following:
- Username — A username for the new user.
- Nickname — A nickname for the new user.
- What server will this user have access to? — Click the down arrow and select the VPS server on which the user will have access.
- Secure shell access — Use the toggle button to enable Secure Shell/SSH (right) or disable (left). If 'Secure shell access' is disabled, then SFTP is used.
- Select the Shell Type — If Secure shell access is enabled, then the 'Select the Shell Type' drop-down box appears. You can select bash, tcsh, ksh, or zsh. See Shell users for more information.
- When finished, click the Create User button.
Your new VPS user is ready to use within 5 minutes.