Duplicati is a free backup client that securely stores encrypted, incremental, compressed backups on cloud-storage services and remote-file servers. It works with Linux, Mac, and Windows.
Duplicati has built-in AES-256 encryption, and backups can be signed using GNU Privacy Guard. A built-in scheduler ensures that backups are always up-to-date. The Duplicati project was inspired by duplicity, and while similar, they are not compatible.
This article walks you through how to configure Duplicati with your DreamObjects account.
- Download Duplicati and open the program.
- Click Add backup on the left.
- Select the option to Configure a new backup.
- Give it a name and select AES-256 encryption, built-in.
- Enter a strong passphrase you'll remember.
- Enter the following into the fields on the next page:
- Storage Type: S3 Compatible
- Use SSL: Check this box
- Server: Choose Custom server url and enter 'objects-us-east-1.dream.io'
- Bucket name: Your bucket name
- Bucket create region: Choose US East (Northern Virginia) (us-east-1)
- Storage class: Leave as default
- Folder path: Enter a specific folder path if necessary
- AWS Access ID: Your user's Access Key
- AWS Access Key: Your user's Secret Key
- Click the Test connection button to confirm you are connecting to DreamObjects.
- Click the Next button.
- Choose which folders you'd like to backup on the next page.
- Set a schedule for your backups.
- Upload volume size default to 50MB.
- Select 'AES-256 encryption, built-in' under Advanced options.
- Click the Save button.
- Click Run now to backup your files.