WinSCP offers a feature to execute some shell/SSH commands.
To use this feature, your user must be a SHELL user. In this article, the user has been set up as an SFTP user. Visit the following article which explains how to adjust your user to become a SHELL user:
WinSCP does not support commands that require terminal emulation or user input. If you require a fully-featured terminal, you may find PuTTY to be more useful.
Running a Shell command
- Select the Commands tab from the top menu.
- From the Commands dropdown, choose Open Terminal.
- The following window displays after selecting this:
- Click the OK button to proceed.
- The following window then appears
- You will now be able to enter shell/SSH commands to execute on your remote server environment.
- Enter shell/SSH commands in the 'Enter command' text field
- Click the Execute button to run the command
- The following example shows the ls -la command along with its output after it runs: