Shopify is a site builder that specializes in ecommerce website solutions. You can use it to build your retail website to sell products to your end customers. View more about Shopify at the following link:
Pointing your DreamHost site to Shopify
If your domain is registered at DreamHost, you can point your DNS to Shopify.
In the screenshot below, the domain example.com is used. Your domain will show instead when configuring this record.
- First, set your domain up in your panel to DNS Only.
- Next, view the following link to configure your site at Shopify. This step will give you your Shopify store ID:
- In your DreamHost panel, create an 'A record' to point to Shopify.
Name (leave blank) Type A Value 188.8.131.52
- Next, create a CNAME record.
Name www Type CNAME Value shops.myshopify.com
Your site is now pointed to Shopify. However, only the 'www' version of your site is pointed. The next section explains how to create a redirect to the 'www' version of your site so it always functions.
Redirected your non-www URL to www
- View the Redirect Domain articles for detailed instructions on how to create a redirect.
- Enter the following fields into your panel:
- Domain to redirect: example.com
- Redirect to URL: www.example.com
- Save your redirect
Your site now redirects to its 'www' version which then redirects to Shopify.
Point a subdomain to Shopify
If you only want a subdomain such as shop.example.com to point to Shopify, you just need to create a CNAME record as shown above. The 'www' record is technically a subdomain, so you can just change the 'www' to 'shop' or whatever the name of your subdomain is. View the following article for further details: