Joomla is a popular content management system (CMS) available to DreamHost customers as a One-Click Install. Joomla allows you to quickly build websites and applications without programming knowledge.
Visit the following page for further information:
For details on how to install the latest version DreamHost offers, please visit the following article:
Depending on the version of Joomla your site uses, there may be several steps you must take to upgrade. Visit the following article for further information:
It’s recommended to send email via SMTP. When you send email directly from your website, the email is sent FROM the web server. If the FROM address in Joomla is not properly set, the email may fail to send.
However, if you’ve enabled SMTP authentication within the Joomla dashboard, email is sent from the mail server instead. This is the preferred method to avoid any sending issues.
Enabling SMTP authentication
- On the top left, click the ‘System’ menu item.
- From the dropdown, select ‘Global Configuration’.
- The Global Configuration page opens:
- Click the ‘Server’ tab.
- On the bottom right of this page is the ‘Mail Settings’ section.
- Make the following selections:
- From the ‘Mailer’ dropdown, select ‘SMTP’.
- Next to ‘SMTP Authentication’, click the Yes button.
- Fill in all the other fields, including your email address information as shown in the above screenshot.
- On the top left of the page, click the Save button to save these new settings.
Emails are now sent via SMTP from your website. Visit the following further for further details:
If you choose not to use SMTP authentication and find emails are not being sent, then check your ‘Custom Reply’ option.
Go to 'Components -> Contacts -> Options'. On the Form tab, make sure the "Custom Reply" is set to NO.
If this is not done, Joomla may not even generate the email, and may result in the form being non-functional.
Joomla provides a rich selection of extensions you can add to your site for added functionality. Visit the following pages for further details:
- How do I install a One-Click Install?
- What One-Click Installs does DreamHost offer?
- How do I remove a One-Click Install?