SquareSpace is a SaaS-based content management system (CMS) which is composed of a website builder, blogging platform, and hosting service. The service allows individuals and businesses to create and maintain websites and blogs.
You can view more information at SquareSpace.com.
Mapping your DreamHost domain to SquareSpace
- Link your domain in your SquareSpace panel. Visit the following article for further information:
When you have finished setting up the domain at SquareSpace, a list of DNS settings specific to SquareSpace appears. Make a note of these, as you'll need to add them to your DreamHost panel in the next step.
- After the domain is set up at SquareSpace, log into your DreamHost panel
- Set your domain to DNS Only. If you are trying to point a subdomain to SquareSpace, you'll need to add the records in the next step as Custom DNS records instead.
- After the domain is set to DNS Only, you can then add your SquareSpace DNS records.
- Add the following to your DreamHost panel:
- 2 different CNAME records
- 4 different A records
View the following page from SquareSpace which details which records to add:
Once those 6 DNS records are added to your DreamHost panel, it may take 6 or more hours to update online. You can check the status of your DNS changes using either of the following links:
- whatsmydns.net — A popular site that checks DNS records around the world.
- Viewing your DreamHost DNS records — Use DreamHost's DNS propagation checker in the panel.
Once the DNS has updated, your site is ready to be hosted at SquareSpace.