Dropshare is a so-called menulet for OS X that enables you to easily 'drag & drop' files, folders, and anything else to your own server, DreamObjects, or other cloud services. Once you upload a file, the app copies the link to the file to your Mac’s clipboard, which allows you to easily share it with anyone.
Before you begin, you'll need to create a bucket on the DreamObjects page.
- Download the latest release from the Dropshare site.
- Launch Dropshare, and then click the Dropshare menulet to expand the app.
- Click the gear icon and go to Preferences.
- Click the ‘Connections’ menu item in the Preferences pane.
- Delete the default SCP connection, then click Custom S3 API-Compliant Connection to create a DreamObjects connection.
- Enter your DreamObjects Bucket name, Access Key, and Secret Key. Visit the DreamObjects keys article for details.
- Enter objects-us-east-1.dream.io into the Server field.
- Check the boxes for Use SSL and Use AWS v2 Signature.
- When finished entering your DreamObjects credentials, click the Test connection button.
- The following message appears showing you that Dropshare successfully uploaded the test file and copied the URL for it to your clipboard:
- Open a browser window and paste the URL into the address bar.
- The following success message appears in your browser:
- Return to the Dropshare Preferences pane.
- When finished, click the Save & Close button to close the Preferences pane.
Dropshare is now configured for use with your DreamObjects bucket.