The following documentation is not officially supported by DreamHost. However, if you find any instructions in this article do not function as intended, it's possible it may be out of date. When in doubt, please contact support for further assistance.
Any change to your account that requires some time to set, runs as a service. The services API allows you to check on the status of those services. When an API command needs to run a service, it returns a unique token to identify the service.
The following commands return a "token" on success, which can be used to check on the status:
Use this command to get a status report on the job being scheduled. If the token is for a service that completed more than several days ago, it may return the error 'too_old'.
- scheduled is the time this command was added to the service queue.
- executed is the time this command started running.
- finished is the time this command finished.
- status may be:
- "waiting": this command is scheduled to run, and is currently waiting its turn to run.
- "running": this command is currently being executed.
- "success": this command completed successfully.
- "failure": this command completed unsuccessfully.
Launches the Flash Video converter on a video specified by a URL.
url (full URL of a video or directory to convert)
dim (size of video in "400x300" format)
Returns a service queue token, usable with services-progress.