Adding sites manually
- Open WordPress.
- From the top menu, select 'My Sites > Network Admin > Sites'.
- On the next page, click the Add New button.
- Enter the following fields:
- Site Address – The subdirectory the virtual site is created under
- Site Title – The new administrator can change this later
- Admin Email – Email of the person who will own this site
- Click Add Site.
An email is sent to the new user with their login credentials. They can then log into their site at:
Letting users create their own sites
- Log into WordPress as the administrator.
- In the network dashboard, click 'Settings > Network Settings'
- Under the 'Registration Settings' select the following options:
- 'Logged in users may register new sites.'
- 'Send the network admin an email notification every time someone registers a site or user account.'