- WordPress Multisite support is NOT PROVIDED BY DREAMHOST.
- If anything on your multisite installation is not functioning, you must troubleshoot it yourself or hire a developer.
- Multisite is not for WordPress beginners. You should already know how to use WordPress before considering using Multisite.
- Users should have basic knowledge of PHP, MySQL, how to edit files on the server, and how to review error logs in case you must troubleshoot it yourself.
Adding sites manually
- Open WordPress.
- From the top menu, select 'My Sites > Network Admin > Sites'.
- On the next page, click the Add New button.
- Enter the following fields:
- Site Address – The subdirectory the virtual site is created under
- Site Title – The new administrator can change this later
- Admin Email – Email of the person who will own this site
- Click Add Site.
An email is sent to the new user with their login credentials. They can then log into their site at:
Letting users create their own sites
- Log into WordPress as the administrator.
- In the network dashboard, click 'Settings > Network Settings'
- Under the 'Registration Settings' select the following options:
- 'Logged in users may register new sites.'
- 'Send the network admin an email notification every time someone registers a site or user account.'