The DreamObjects Backups plugin that was installed with your WordPress instance on DreamPress is designed to backup all or part of your WordPress system. It is always a good idea to backup your WordPress data on a regular basis. You have a 30-day trial to test out using DreamObjects for your backups.
Setting up DreamObjects
To activate the plugin in the WordPress Admin panel on the Plugins page:
- Open the WordPress Admin panel page.
- View the DreamObjects plugin page. It will be towards the bottom of the navigation area in the WordPress Admin panel.
- Two empty fields appear: an Access Key and a Secret Key.
- You must obtain those keys from the DreamHost control panel.
- Your DreamHost username appears in the Users section. Under that are the keys you need to activate DreamObjects.
- The connection between your WordPress system and DreamObjects is established.
- What to Backup
- Backup Retention
- Status Notification
DreamObjects is now ready to back up your WordPress data!
When your trial is over, DreamObjects costs 2.5¢/GB of storage per month. If you do need to download and restore your backup, it costs 5¢/GB per month. This is very inexpensive storage for keeping your backup data on a different server than your DreamPress account.