This article explains how to sign up for a new DreamHost account. This article is for new customers that wish to open an account with their own personal details and payment information.
This article shows how to open an account with a hosting plan. This means you will pay for a server to host your website on. If you only want to buy the web site name (domain name), and are not ready to host the site on the Internet, view the following article instead:
Step 1 — Choose a hosting plan
DreamHost offers several hosting plans for you to host your website on. View the following link for a list of plans:
If you would like to host a WordPress site, view the following page instead that lists all WordPress hosting options:
After you've decided on the plan, click the 'Sign Up Now' button under it to proceed with account creation.
Step 2 — Create a new account
After you've selected a plan you can proceed with creating your account. The steps are generally the same for all hosting plans, however an example of Shared hosting is shown below for clarity.
Adding a Shared hosting account
- When you've decided on the plan you'd like to purchase, click the button under it to proceed. After clicking the button, you're taken to panel.dreamhost.com/signup.
- Here you can enter a domain to purchase, transfer an existing domain, or click 'I'll choose a domain later' to skip the domain part.
- To the right, select the payment plan.
- Enter your credit card details on the next page.
- Towards the bottom are a few options you can enable:
- Pre-Install WordPress: Check this to automatically install WordPress on your new domain.
- DreamShield Protection: This is a paid add-on that will scan your site for malicious software weekly.
- 1 Mailbox: This displays for Starter Shared plans only. It allows you to add a paid email plan onto your website hosting plan. (NOTE: All other plans offer email for free.)
- When finished, click the Submit Order button at the bottom of the page.
If you have any further questions, please contact DreamHost technical support