The editing panel allows you to quickly edit a page using a sleek WYSIWYG editor.
How do I access the editing panel?
There are two ways you can access the editing page:
- Click the Start Editing button for a selected template on the main Select Theme page.
- Click the Edit button for a previously saved template on the Websites page, which opens when you click the Websites button in the upper toolbar.
Viewing the editing panel
When you open the editor, the template appears in an editable grid:
Where do I begin?
Each template includes grids that feature various components that you can edit for your website including text, images, videos, and more.
To begin editing a grid, simply hover over it with your mouse to view the various elements that you can edit:
Using the upper editing toolbar buttons
The following buttons appear at the top of the editor:
- Undo – Reverts your last edit.
- Redo – Redoes your last edit.
- New – Opens the gallery box where you can select a new component to add.
Editing a template
When you're ready to edit a grid, hover over and click to highlight it:
Clicking any section within a Chord only allows you to edit that specific section. It's not possible to drag & drop or move sections around since each Chord is built with pre-defined and non-editable sections.
- Teardrop icon – Opens the editor for the specific component. You edit the text, image, video, or audio in a grid by first clicking this button.
- Remix – Opens the component gallery where you can "remix" the content by selecting a new component option.
- Options – Opens the Markup tab where you can view the styling code within the section.
- Component name – Shows the name of the component that is selected. In this example, the component name is "Grid 3".
- Delete – Deletes the entire grid.
- Selection tool (:::::: ::::::) – Highlights the selected grid so you can edit it.
- Add Text – Opens an editor where you can add additional text, such as a caption.
- Image – When you hover over an image, the Image tab appears over it. Click the image to edit it.
When you are ready to make an edit, either click the element or the teardrop icon adjacent to it.
View the following article for details on how to edit text in Remixer:
Editing an image
View the following article for details on how to edit images in Remixer:
Editing video, audio, or other files
View the following articles for details on how to edit video and audio in Remixer:
Changing the background color
At this time it's not possible to change the background color of a theme. Because of this, it's important to choose a theme that already closely appears how you would like your site to display.
This feature is currently under development and set to be released in the near future.
Other types of files
More info to come!
Saving your page
Remixer automatically saves your edits, but your changes are not pushed live to your domain until you click the Publish button. If you make any additional edits to your page, you must click the Publish button again to push the new changes live.
You can view all saved pages by clicking 'Websites' on the top right. The page continues to exist until you delete it.