Below are some common questions, answers, and troubleshooting tips for Remixer.
Please visit the official Remixer setup articles for additional information.
What is Remixer?
Remixer is DreamHost's new click-to-edit site builder tool!
You can easily create a ready-to-publish website by following these simple steps:
The Remixer setup articles describe the entire process from picking a theme to publishing your assets to a DreamHost domain.
How do I start using Remixer?
- Open https://dreamhostremixer.com/.
Google Chrome browser is preferred.
- Enter the same account owner login credentials you use for the DreamHost panel.
- When the 'Authorize Remixer...' prompt appears, click the blue Grant Access button to open Remixer.
Edit a page
View the following link for details on how to create and edit a page.
Delete a page
View the following article if you need to delete a page you no longer need.
No. Remixer is entirely template-based, and requires no hand coding whatsoever. You can create a fully-functional website in minutes using an easy-to-use, click-to-edit site builder.
Can I access the HTML files directly? Does Remixer have an HTML editor to manually modify the theme or chord?
View the following article for an overview of 'Chords'.
At this time, Remixer does not have an HTML editor built in or any method to access the actual HTML files.
Remixer themes and chords have been specifically designed to look and fit a certain way, and DreamHost recommends you use the Remix option under each chord if you wish to try a different chord style.
Do I need anything else?
No. All you need is a computer/browser and the ability to point, click, drag, and drop!
DreamHost recommends using a desktop computer with Google Chrome browser for Remixer.
How do I get support for Remixer?
Remixer support is not currently available over Live Chat.
Common errors and troubleshooting
My domain is showing a 'Page Not Found' site
The following page appears on your domain or sub-domain when the page does not publish to the web server correctly:
Review the following instructions on how to publish to your domain name:
I just published, but my domain isn’t loading the site yet
Double-check to make sure you have assigned the domain or sub-domain to your page on the Pages menu.
DNS changes are required if you are publishing to your domain or sub-domain on Remixer for the first time.
- If your domain’s nameservers are pointed to DreamHost, it automatically updates for you within 24 to 48 hours.
- If your domain’s nameservers are pointed to another location outside of DreamHost, you must update the DNS records for your hostname manually on your nameservers.
Remixer requires that your DreamHost Panel web hosting for the domain is set to “DNS Only” prior to publishing. To set up DNS only:
- Open the (Panel > ‘Domains’ > ‘Manage Domains’) page.
- Click the 'Remove' link under the Web Hosting column.
- Return back to Remixer and republish your site from Pages.
Your site should be visible after a few hours of DNS propagation.