Configuring Windows 10 mail
Before you begin
The following section is also available as an instructional video:
- Click the 'Start' menu and search for the 'Mail' app.
- On the top left, click 'Accounts'.
- On the top right, click '+ Add account'.
- Scroll down and click 'Advanced setup'.
- Click Internet email.
- Enter the following information:
- Email address — Enter your full email address
- User name — Enter your full email address
- Password — Enter your email password
- Account name — Enter a name for this account
- Send your messages using this name — Enter a name to display when sending messages
- Incoming email server — This is the name of the DreamHost mail server your email is hosted on. View the 'Email client configuration' article for instructions on how to find this information. It should either be imap.dreamhost.com or pop.dreamhost.com.
- Account type — Can be POP or IMAP, but IMAP is recommended.
- Outgoing email server — This is the name of the DreamHost mail server your email is hosted on. This is always smtp.dreamhost.com
- Check all the check boxes
- Click Sign in.
- After a success message appears, click Done.