This article explains how to update all the URLs in your WordPress database using a plugin.
If you have recently added an SSL certificate to your site, there are still several links in your database that point to the 'HTTP' version of your URL. You must update these URLs to point to the HTTPS version of your site so you can use this new SSL certificate. For example:
Better Search & Replace
- First, make a backup of your database. Just in case something goes wrong, you can easily replace your old database data.
- Download the Better Search Replace plugin. In your panel navigate to 'Plugins > Add New'.
- Search for 'Better Search Replace'.
- Click Install Now.
- Click Activate.
- In your Dashboard, navigate to the plugin under 'Tools > Better Search Replace'.
- Click the 'Search/Replace' tab.
- In the first field titled 'Search for:', enter your current http URL. For example:
At this point, all URLs in your database point to HTTPS, however, there are a few other steps you must take to fully ensure all links within your site point to the secure version of your domain name (This means the 'HTTPS' version).
View the following article for additional steps you should take to adjust your WordPress site to use an SSL certificate.