When you originally add a domain to your panel as Fully Hosted, you must assign it a username. This is the username on the server assigned to the domain. It's the same username you use to log into your account via FTP or SSH.
At some point you may need to change this user. This article shows how to change the username of your domain.
Changing your domain's username
- Navigate to the Manage Domains page.
- To the right of your domain, click the 'Edit' link.
- Under the section 'Users, Files, and Paths', click the dropdown menu.
- From the menu, select the username you want to control this domain.
- After selecting the new user, a checkbox appears titled 'Move files to the new user?'. If you keep this checked, all files under the current user are copied to the new user. Most likely this is what you want. The only reason to UN-check that option is if you want the new user to start clean with nothing in the domain.
- Scroll down and click the Change settings button to save.
If you chose to copy files to the new user, it may take some time depending on how much data there is to move.