Do not use these instructions unless explicitly instructed by the DreamHost Professional Services Team. The following information is only to be used in a particular phase of a WP migration being done for you by that team; otherwise, the steps will be out of context and can lead to errors if implemented.
In order to initiate a migration service, you must provide DreamHost with access to your WordPress account.
The following describes how to safely create a DreamHost user in your WordPress admin dashboard so that the DreamHost Migrations team can then get started. DreamHost will then be able to log in using an email address, which ensures security by you not needing to share any of your private data.
Creating a new user
To create a new user:
- Log in to your WordPress admin account at your current host.
- The WordPress admin dashboard opens. Your dashboard may appear differently from the following image depending on which WordPress version you use, but you should be able to see the following:
- In the left-side menu, click Users > Add New and then complete the following:
- Enter 'dreamhost' for the username
- Enter 'firstname.lastname@example.org' for the email address
- Check the checkbox to the right of Send User Notification
- Set the role to Administrator
- When finished, click the Add New User button.