The following describes how to use DreamHost’s Affiliate program.
Creating a DreamHost Affiliate account
Go to https://affiliates.dreamhost.com/ and use the sign up form to create an account.
Using the dashboard
After you create an account, the main dashboard page appears:
The dashboard page provides helpful information including:
- Memorable URL — Displays your affiliate link so that you can start referring people to DreamHost and get rewarded.
- Rewards — Provides an overview in a box grid of your up-to-date rewards, pending rewards, rewards awaiting payment, and total rewards payout.
Finding your short links
On the dashboard page, click Share Links in the left panel.
- The following page opens that shows your short link:
Creating additional short links
You can also add additional short links for different campaigns, which can be used for tracking different pages and seeing which links brought in more referrals.
To create additional short links, click the Create share link button.
- The following dialog box appears:
Enter the following:
- Campaign — pre-populated with 'DreamHost Rewards' and cannot be changed.
- Description — a brief description that describes the usage of the link.
- Source — information on where you are sharing the link.
- Medium — types of content you plan to use for sharing the link.
When you're finished, click the Create Share Link button to save your changes.
Setting up payouts
On the dashboard page, click the My Account button in the upper right hand corner and then select the 'My Profile' option. On your profile page, you can change your profile settings to include payout information.
Scroll down to the 'Payment Credentials' sections and add your PayPal email-account address:
For the Preferred Payout, select PayPal.
You must use an active PayPal account. Adding a non PayPal account, or adding one that is inactive or suspended, can cause issues with payouts.