When you add a user to your G Suite account, you give them an email address at your business domain and an account they can use to access G Suite services. Follow these instructions to add users to your G Suite plan.
When you originally sign up for a G Suite account, you get to choose how many users to add.
You can also add additional users within your DreamHost panel.
- Navigate to the Manage G Suite page in your panel.
- Click the Manage Plan button.
- Select the new amount of users from the dropdown.
If you need more than 10 users, contact support.
You will only be able to add as many users as you have selected in the DreamHost panel.
- Your plan updates with the new billing plan and how much you owe today.
- Click the Update Plan button. A success message confirms your plan has been updated.
Adding a user in G Suite
You must now add the user within your G Suite panel.
- Navigate to the Users page in your G Suite console.
- Click the
You must have an unused user in your DreamHost panel as described above. If you do not, you will see the following warning message in your Google console.
- A pop-up displays, asking for the following information:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Primary email
- Organizational unit
- Secondary email
- Phone number
- Click ADD NEW USER when finished.
- A confirmation box displays notifying you that the user has been created.
- You now see the new user added to the Users page in your Google Admin console.
You are billed for the numbers of users selected in the DreamHost panel, not the G Suite console. This means that if you have 5 users in the DreamHost panel, but one in the G Suite console, you are billed for 5 users.
It's important you do not sign up for more users in your DreamHost panel than you intend to use in G Suite.
If you remove users in the G Suite admin console, you need to also adjust the number of users in the DreamHost panel. If you do not, you will be billed for them.