You may cancel your G Suite plan at any time after your 30-day free trial has expired.
Canceling your G Suite subscription with DreamHost ends your relationship with your G Suite account as purchased and managed through DreamHost. Google will then begin billing you directly if you'd like to continue service with them.
Do NOT cancel your G Suite account to fix a problem
Do not cancel your G Suite account to resolve any configuration issues you're having with it. If you cancel and create a new plan, your configuration issues will remain as they currently are.
Contact DreamHost support to resolve any problems you're having with your account. This is the only way to ensure your account is configured correctly.
What happens to your account when you cancel
The following occurs when you cancel your G Suite account in the DreamHost panel.
- Billing through DreamHost stops.
- Your G Suite account is transferred to Google.
- Google begins to bill you directly for G Suite.
- Your MX (mail) DNS records will stay pointed to Google in case you wish to set up services directly with them. If you wish to switch to DreamHost-hosted email, go to the Custom MX page in your DreamHost panel and click Make Me Regular.
Steps to take before canceling
Before you cancel, make sure you've done the following:
- Save user data
- Save billing records
- Delete G Suite Marketplace apps
- Check if you upgraded from business email powered by G Suite
The following link goes into more details about the steps above:
Transfer data between G Suite accounts
As an administrator, you can transfer your users' data from the current account to the new one. View the following article for further information.
Canceling in your panel to stop billing
When you cancel your subscription in the DreamHost panel, billing is immediately stopped for G Suite services.
You must cancel your G Suite subscription in the DreamHost panel to stop all future payments. If you cancel within G Suite console only, you will continue to be billed for the services.
Canceling your Business plan
If you cancel your G Suite Business plan, you must wait 60 days before you are able to sign up for any new edition of G Suite.
Canceling if you have other types of subscriptions
If you have multiple subscriptions (such as Cloud Identity or Chrome Enterprise) and cancel only your G Suite subscription, your other subscriptions will remain active.
Canceling your G Suite subscription
- Navigate to the Manage G Suite page in your panel.
- Click the Manage Plan button to the right of your domain.
- Click the Cancel Plan button.
- Type in the word DELETE, then click Confirm to cancel.
- A success messages displays confirming your plan has been canceled.
MX records change
When G Suite is deleted, your MX (mail) records immediately change back to DreamHost. To access your email address, you must either use Webmail, or an email client.
Once canceled, you will receive an email with the following content.
Canceling your G Suite subscription with DreamHost ends our reseller relationship with your G Suite account. Google will begin billing you directly if you'd like to continue service with them - there is a short grace period in effect to ensure you don't experience any interruption in service.
At this point, you may choose to:
- Set up billing with Google to ensure uninterrupted service
- Upgrade to another G Suite plan
- Completely cancel your account
To take next steps, log into your G Suite Admin Console:
For additional assistance, please consult Google's official help documentation:
Steps after you have canceled
After your G Suite plan has been canceled in the DreamHost panel, DreamHost technical support will no longer be able to assist with your account. You must contact Google and/or their documentation for any further assistance.
Setting up billing
You may continue to log in normally at https://admin.google.com to manage your account through Google. After logging in, make sure that you have set up billing directly with Google in order for your services to not be interrupted.