After creating your DreamPress site, your site is configured in the DreamPress panel. Your site is automatically set up with the following usernames and password.
- FTP user/pass — You use these credentials to log into your web server to edit your files
- Admin dashboard user/pass — You use these credentials to log into your WordPress dashboard to build your site
Please note that the Admin username and password is not emailed to you. You have two options to log into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- Click the Manage WordPress button in the DreamPress panel to automatically log in
- Reset the password so you can log in directly at your website (example.com/wp-login.php)
This article explains how to reset your password so you can log in directly at your website.
Resetting your password
As stated above, the admin password is not emailed to you. Use the following steps to reset it.
- Visit the Managed WordPress page in your panel.
- Click the Manage button to the right of your domain.
- Click the Manage WordPress button on the top right. This logs you into your WordPress admin dashboard.
- In the WordPress dashboard, hover over 'Users' in the left pane, then click 'Profile'.
- Scroll down and you'll see your WordPress admin username.
- Scroll down to the bottom and click Generate Password.
- You can choose to use the generated password, or enter your own password.
- Click Update Profile to save.
Testing the new password
Log out of WordPress and visit your site's login page at example.com/wp-login.php. Try using the username and new password you just created to confirm it works.