The following steps describe how to use DreamHost's 'WP Website Builder' — which is a bundle of easy-to-use WordPress plugins and designs tools created by BoldGrid.
If you already have an existing WordPress site
If you recently enabled BoldGrid on your existing WordPress site, you'll need to activate it first:
When the WP-Admin page opens after you enable BoldGrid, click the 'Inspirations' link in the left panel and then follow the instructions in the next section.
Creating your site using BoldGrid Inspirations
If you have existing content on your website, Inspirations will make some changes if you proceed. Any existing pages and posts will be put in the 'Trash', which you can easily recover later. Existing images will remain in your Media Library, and your current theme will be deactivated, but it will not be removed.
If you have any important content on your site, you may want to make a backup to ensure peace of mind.
- Log into your site at example.com/wp-admin.
- Click the Let's Get Started! button.
- Choose a theme. On the left, select a category for the type of site you wish to build. New themes display to the right.
- Hover over your selected theme, and then click the Select button.
- Make the following selections to customize your site layout and content:
- Click the Change Content button at the top to select from different page presets.
- Toggle the button under Add Functionality. This example enables a blog.
- Click the icons at the bottom to display how your site would appear on different devices.
- Click the Next button.
- Enter your contact information. You can also click the checkbox titled 'Do not display' to the right of each field to hide it on your site.
- Click the Finish and Install button to install BoldGrid.
- Wait a few moments for BoldGrid to install. Once installed, you are taken to the 'Inspirations' tab in your WordPress dashboard where you can continue to customize your site.
Making edits to your 'Inspirations' page
After BoldGrid installs your Inspirations setup, you can make further adjustments to it using the Post and Page Builder in the WordPress admin panel:
On this page, make the following selections:
- Click the 'Post and Page Builder' link in the left panel. After you enable 'Page and Post Builder', select 'All Pages' and then hover over a page you want to edit. Click the 'Edit' link underneath it. You can now make edits using the 'Post and Page Builder' editor.
- Hover over a heading to edit or move the content.
- Click the Add Block button at the top to add more BoldGrid blocks.
For more information on how to use the Post and Page Builder, please see the following article: