The following articles describe common DNS issues that may cause site downtime and the steps to help get your site online again.
View the following article for a list of other causes your site may be down.
- Changing nameservers
- Adding hosting
- Changing hosting (e.g., changing from a redirect to Fully Hosted)
- Adding custom DNS
If a domain has expired, you still have 30 days to renew it. View the Renewals article for details on how to renew a domain name.
If it’s been expired for over 30 days, the domain is in its Redemption period. View the Redemption article for details on how to resolve this.
If your domain registration is not registered at DreamHost, you must check who the registrar is through an online WHOIS lookup. ICANN’s WHOIS search can be found here:
If your status is anything other than ok, you must correct it with your domain registrar.
- List of website troubleshooting articles
- Site not found
- Troubleshooting a single site's connection
- Viewing and examining your access log via SSH
- Viewing your access and error log via SFTP
- Common reasons for poor website performance