Closing because of COVID-19?
Please contact DreamHost support if you are considering canceling your account due to COVID-19. DreamHost is here to help and may be able to offer you payment deferral and other options during this time.
The following instructions explain how to close your Starter Shared hosting plan.
Viewing your hosting plan type
You can view all services billed to your account on the Manage Account page. Here you'll see a list of all services you currently use. If you're on a Starter Shared plan, it displays here.
Closing your Starter Shared account
- Navigate to the Manage Account page.
- In the top 'Overview' section, click the red Close Account button.
- Step 1: Review balance summary
If you have a balance, you must make a payment for the amount that is due now. You won't be able to proceed to the next step until your account is settled.
If you have a free registration as part of your hosting plan, you must pay for it when closing your account. View the following article for details.
- If a balance appears, use a payment method at the bottom to make a payment. When finished, click the Proceed to Next Step button.
- Step 2: Review product summary
- Review your services and then select which ones you wish to keep (such as domain registrations or any cloud services). When finished, click the Proceed to Next Step button.
- Step 3: Finalize account closure
- On the final page, fill out the exit survey, confirm it, and then click the Close Account Now button to close your account. After you close the account, a confirmation email is sent to the email address on file.
What happens to my Domain Registration(s) when I close my account?
DreamHost will not delete your domain registrations when you close your account. Any domain registrations previously purchased continue to remain active for the rest of their registration periods. When you close your account, DreamHost gives you the option to keep your panel open so you can continue to manage your Domain Registrations.
- Any domain registration fees cannot be refunded.
- If you used a free domain registration prior to ending your hosting plan, you are now responsible for paying the domain registration fee.
Can I re-enable my account after I close it?
Yes. If you ever wish to come back, you can use the steps described in the following article to re-enable your account: