There are several different ways to install WordPress. For example:
- Downloading the files directly from WordPress.org and uploading them to your site
- Using wp-cli via SSH to install directly onto the server
- Using the One-Click Install service in the DreamHost panel
The One-Click Install service in the panel is the easiest option, however, it's important you ensure that WordPress has not already been manually installed into your site's directory using a different installation method. If a WordPress install already exists, the One-Click Install will proceed, but all old files will be appended with a timestamp.
For example, normal WordPress files will look like this:
If these files already exist and you run the One-Click Install, the newly installed files from the One-Click Install will have a timestamp added. For example:
The following steps explain how to remove these duplicated files.
Removing the duplicated install files
- Log into your server via SSH.
- Navigate into your website's directory. Change example.com to your website.
[server]$ cd ~/example.com
- Run the following command to delete these duplicated files. Just change the timestamp number.
[server]$ find . -name "*.1555975213" -type f -delete
- Run ls -la and you'll see all of the duplicated files have been removed.