There are several ways to create a key pair to use with your DreamCompute instance. The easiest way is to have the DreamCompute dashboard generate one for you.
You cannot add a new key pair to a DreamCompute instance after it is created. If you didn't assign a keypair during instance creation or lost access to your instance, please follow the instructions in the articles below to regain access:
Creating the key pair
- Navigate to the DreamCompute page.
- Click the View Dashboard button.
- In the left menu, click Compute.
- From the dropdown, click Key Pairs.
- On the top right, click the Create Key Pair button.
- Type in a name for the key and click Create Key Pair.
Your browser will start downloading the private key. By default, it will have the same name you entered in the Key Pair Name field and have a .pem file extension, but you can rename the file to whatever you want.