- Find the public key file and open it to copy its contents.
- Navigate to the DreamCompute page.
- Click the 'View Dashboard' button.
- On the left, click 'Compute'.
- Click 'Key Pairs'.
- To the right, click the 'Import Key Pair' button.
- Give it a name and paste in the contents of your public key.
If you only have a private key (no file extension, .pem, or .ppk are a few examples of private keys) or the public key is not in a format that DreamCompute can accept, you'll need to load the private key into a tool like the PuTTY Key Generator or the command-line utility ssh-keygen with the -y parameter to get a properly formatted public key.
- Click the 'Import Key Pair' button to save it.
- You can now see it in the dashboard.
Adding the Key pair to an instance
Now that the Key pair exists, you can assign it to a new instance while you're creating it. View the following article for details: